Are Organic Foods Healthier?
There are many contaminants that assault us on a daily basis. These toxins are in the air we breathe, the water we drink and the foods we eat, to name just a few. Eating organic food greatly reduces the toxins we consume in our food. Organic food is becoming more popular as people are becoming more health conscious. There are now certain regulations for growing organic foods commercially and many foods, especially eggs, bear an organic certification label.
What is organic food?
Organic food is food that is grown naturally without the aid of commercial fertilizers and chemicals like insecticides, herbicides, and anti-fungal substances. Organic growers use only organic fertilizers and remedies for growing plants. These foods are natural and unrefined. Feeding the animals food that has no chemicals added to it in turn produces organic animal products such as meat, poultry and eggs. For example, chickens and poultry are allowed to roam free as opposed to being kept cooped up in cages, and fruits and vegetables are not chemically ripened.
Advantages of organic food:
There are several advantages for us in eating organic foods:
- There are considerably less toxins in the food as it is grown without the aid of chemicals
- It is often better tasting
- Better for you-there are more nutrients in organic foods and Omega 3 is often found in organic eggs.
How Organic food will improve your health:
A natural diet consisting of unrefined foods, more fiber less chemicals and toxins will improve your overall health in several ways:
- More fiber from fiber rich foods and those that are unrefined will help your digestive system and allow your whole body to function better.
- Some organic eggs are produced from chickens that are fed on vegetarian feed. This will cut down trans fat and animal fat in the eggs. Omega 3 is found in organic eggs, this substance can be good for the heart.
- There is more iron in the yolk of an organic egg. As seen by the pale color of the commercial egg yolk as opposed to the dark yellow/orange of the organic egg.
- Due to the absence of refinement in organic food it is more satisfying and will help you with any weight loss program by encouraging you to eat less.
- Organic fruits and vegetables have more nutrition than commercially grown ones so you will be feeding your body with better food and improve your overall health.
Organic foods are the wave of the future as more people become more educated about their health and the foods that are good for them. At present, prices are a little higher for organic products but it is worth it when you consider the benefits. By switching to organic food you will improve your health and wellbeing and you will also be able to boost your immune system and help your body fight off diseases and toxins.
Zachary Thompson is a PolySaccharide Sales Consultant. His clients range from pro athletes and actresses, to cancer patients and children with Learning Disabilities. To learn if glyconutrients can help you, visit polysaccharides.net